It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: is it still Pay2win
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

This is the way the devs want the game to go. No one likes it but we're at their mercy so we cant really do anything. If we all stop playing they will probably just take the game down and we lose our accounts. It's a lose-lose situation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Add access to low level items
Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:13 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

This game is pay2win. New weapons and torso outpower, outclass, outperform older equipment.

This means to comfortable be able to play "competitively" you have to consistently spend money to get the new mythicals.

I put quotes around "competitively" because supermechs in it's current design has no competition. It is simply about which new players has the wallet to spend the tokens for new equipment.

2 years ago I used to recruit people based on how they play and the strategies they implement. It is no longer the case.

Now I am forced to recruit people on whether they have multiple copies of the newest, powerful mythical items.

Just have a look at how they balance weapons too... they made rocket shredders much too powerful. Instantly lots of people begin buying into these.
Then the only mechs that are in the top 10 are now people who have copies of these weapons.

Heck some people will play 3 of the SAME mech cause they know this mechs beats everything.(Something clearly wrong)

In short, The meta for this game is not solid and makes it difficult to play with strategy unless you consistently keep up with these new weapons and torsos.

It is suffering from extreme power creep and hope that the devs understand how important balance is. When a new item is conceived, It has to be balanced or be a side-grade of an existing weapon strategy. The game's meta is not expanding. It is currently converging on a few strategies.

Get 3 Bronze Medals 2/3
Reach 20 Million Total EXP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ticklemericky wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxszx60ZwGw

This game is pay2win. New weapons and torso outpower, outclass, outperform older equipment.

This means to comfortable be able to play "competitively" you have to consistently spend money to get the new mythicals.

I put quotes around "competitively" because supermechs in it's current design has no competition. It is simply about which new players has the wallet to spend the tokens for new equipment.

2 years ago I used to recruit people based on how they play and the strategies they implement. It is no longer the case.

Now I am forced to recruit people on whether they have multiple copies of the newest, powerful mythical items.

Just have a look at how they balance weapons too... they made rocket shredders much too powerful. Instantly lots of people begin buying into these.
Then the only mechs that are in the top 10 are now people who have copies of these weapons.

Heck some people will play 3 of the SAME mech cause they know this mechs beats everything.(Something clearly wrong)

In short, The meta for this game is not solid and makes it difficult to play with strategy unless you consistently keep up with these new weapons and torsos.

It is suffering from extreme power creep and hope that the devs understand how important balance is. When a new item is conceived, It has to be balanced or be a side-grade of an existing weapon strategy. The game's meta is not expanding. It is currently converging on a few strategies.

THIS. WE WANT BALANCE AND CREATIVITY.

Add access to low level items
Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]