Ilona wrote:
One after the other Hitmo
WarLingo wasn't done to replace our plans of an app. Its a product of one of our devs which he did in his spare time!
Supermechs is now released as iPad version worldwide on iTunes, so another big task is done.
The problem with BD as app is, that its way to complex to bring it as it is to android or iOS. I can't say that we didn't try it. We did... many times. And we came to the conclusion that it will work only when its done from the scratch. New UI, new mechanics, no tick engine, simplified gameplay and so on.
Its NOT from the table at all!
Summertime was always an issue in terms of new players. Who would like to spend hours on a game, learning the game, having frustrating moments like losing your first op, when you can be with friends and just have a good time?
Wait till end of august and you'll see what I am talking about Have you thought about releasing a simplified version to begin with? While the whole gameplay would be great, I think something small would work so people aren't totally stuck when they can't get on.
For example:
The first screen you will see. Obviously here to log on in to your account and select your world.
Main menu:
The menu you will see right after logging on. Here there will be the different options will you will be to control in game.
OptionsResources:
Fairly simple, check your resources.
Buildings:
Check which buildings you have bought and be able to buy a new building given you have the resources.
Recruit:
Have the ability to recruit units in your colony or your TB.
Army:
Manage your army. Move units over in to different squads, create new squads and the ability to rename your squads.
Incoming:
Check your incoming. This one I feel is essential for the recruit, as it is risky to build units while totally in the dark. With this, while you don't get to see any of the map, you have an idea of what's being attacked.
Something with this that I feel maybe be needed is the incoming alliance tag, just so you have a clearer idea of who's attacking.
Check your messages and reply to messages.
AllianceOpens up another list of options. If you're not in an alliance, this could be marked as red, indicating you can't select it.
Alliance chat:
Just the alliance chat so you can talk to your alliance. Not sure if this would be too tricky though.
Alliance management:
Check player resources and activity.
Share resources:
Send players resources.
What is says
Alliance ranking:
What it says
HoF ranking:
What is says
Having something like this would be very similar to your warlingo game. While it's not the whole of battledawn in an app, it's enough to keep you going when you don't have access to a computer for a while. I still understand the difficulty of doing this, however I feel with this you won't need to start from scratch so it could be a good starting point. Then if you do start working from scratch coding the full game, quite a bit of the work will already be done for you with this app