It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why "Super Mechs" sucks now
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Keep it friendly guys. Arguing is futile.
Stay on topic as well, (don't start a he said she said thing).

Add access to low level items
Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:21 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 WWW  Profile

Location: In the Artic waters, Ozone Layers, and right behind you
Although I do agree, but you can't change how people are going to be creative or not, people will ALWAYS copy top player builds no matter the circumstances. P.S the Shotgun X mech is too powerful.

AND KEEP ON RUNNING

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

HeatLegion wrote:
Although I do agree, but you can't change how people are going to be creative or not, people will ALWAYS copy top player builds no matter the circumstances. P.S the Shotgun X mech is too powerful.

Ofc people will always copy. What we want is the non-copiers to stand a chance and be able to pay for free. If u only had to pay 100$ to get a top 3 mech and not 1000 that would be awesome too.

Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

1897516043812924-1482777213 wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad that mythics aren't balanced with each other if there was a way to choose what items you get.

Even if they did add the shop back, they won't be a way to choose which mythical you purchase.

I have only been playing the game for a month or so, and I can't even imagine how people have managed to build some of the mechs they have.

Lot's of money and/or time let's get the mythicals to build these mechs

You have to be incredibly lucky, even if you spend money, because you still get random items in those mythic boxes.

You have to spend a disgustingly high amount to get a good mech. Most mythical boxes I open give me items that I wont ever use cuz they're so terrible compared to the newer ones. I think that is a huge problem that is hurting the game severely.

I have finished all the solo campaigns and spent all the tokens I earned buying mythic boxes, and I have never received a single mythic torso, mythic leg, and hardly anything that does significant damage. When I see people with builds made entirely of very effective mythic equipment, I wonder how they got so lucky. Do they spend tons of money until they get everything they want, or were they just super lucky and so now they will always win?

If you play for free you can get a mythical torso and legs, and maybe some weapons/modules. But not nearly enough to play at the competitive level. You'll just end up with a nooby mythical mech.

How is it even possible for people to have over 100 cooling and also have over 800 armor (not on godmode!), and decked out with huge weapons and mythic grappling hooks and teleporters and multiple mythic flamethrowers?

It's very possible to collect all these mythicals, just buying lot's of tokens.

The game would be improved if we could spend tokens and credits on specific items.

I been telling these ****s to add the shop back. Hopefully they while we're all still young.

I don't know how many module chests I had to buy before I got any armor modules, and looking for enough heat and energy. I can never seem to fit everything I want on a mech, but I see builds that seem to be superior to anything I could possibly make because they have all superior equipment that weighs less and does more damage and provides more heat and cooling and can be used more times, etc.

That's because mythicals weigh less and perform better. It's impossible to play right now without the heat control modules for example. That's how u get over 100 cooling

It is beginning to feel pointless to even play. I get up to rank two or one, and then face almost only people with all mythic mechs and get knocked back down again. I wouldn't consider spending money unless I could be sure to get the items I want. I don't want to open a mythic chest and get more of the lesser mythic items and still be unable to hope to compete. There's only so much strategy and tactics you can use when the other guy has complete superiority in every category. They can grab and teleport and charge twice as often as you, and their weapons do almost double the damage yours do, they can cool down more than you, and their weapons drain all your heat and cooling and energy in a couple hits. It's pointless. You just have to hope they lose internet and drop out of the match.

This is what we've been trying to tell them, they don't really listen. Long ago, you could play for free and get a decent amount of usable items. I played for free on my old account and had a mythical torso and sword. (Lava scope and sparks) This was enough to play right here. Just that. The drones, legs and other weapons you could find by buying tons of boxes. It's sad that now you have to have an all mythical mech to compete

Maybe the game can establish tiers based on how much money a person has spent. Zero spenders compete on a free-play only ladder, spend between X and Y amount, compete on ladder level 2. Spend between Y and Z, ladder 3. Spend more than Z, there's the mythic ladder.

This would cause certain problems organizing ladder, but idk maybe it could work, it would be a HUGE change tho, I can't quite wrap my mind around it...

The players you're talking about (90%+ of them anyway) are pay to play players. This game doesn't give enough free mythicals to make a top tier mech. It makes it very hard for people to play for free, hopefully they work on this. Balancing the mythicals would mean all the mythicals would be as good as any another. That way there are more items that are playable, which may mean that the free mythicals can be enough to survive or even thrive. There are several players in top clans and leader board that play for free. However they've been playing for years... and have gotten lucky certainly, not to get too many unusable items.

Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

Last edited by PoTaeToh on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:33 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Trophy435 wrote:
The game would be improved if we could spend tokens and credits on specific items.

Well, the Devs had thought about this and put in that "[x]% not in inventory" on mythic special boxes as a halfway resolution to this concern.

Maybe the game can establish tiers based on how much money a person has spent. Zero spenders compete on a free-play only ladder, spend between X and Y amount, compete on ladder level 2. Spend between Y and Z, ladder 3. Spend more than Z, there's the mythic ladder.

This will create another tiered problem regarding the ones who have played for a long time, gathered many mythicals, but spent nothing and still have stronger builds, as opposed to those just joining the game.

Will be also counterintuitive as people who have spent nothing will be disinclined to enter the higher tiers, knowing that there are huge spenders who have fully-fused mythical stockpiles all ready to go. Unless you have a windfall or something and are willing and capable to go the extra miles to be on par with those aforementioned "big boys."

And don't get me started about how confusing the clan leaderboard might get. :roll:

Perhaps free to play players can play in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 as they wish.
But players who have spent " X " amount of money have to play in at least 2v2 (or 3v3 if they wish or can)
Then finally the highest spenders have to play in 3v3 only.

The one problem is that you could spent lots of money get terrible mythicals and be forced to do 2v2 or even 3v3.

The gamestate should not be so bad that we have to seperate free-to-play and paying players. You should be able to play for free and survive in this game, which you can't.

Remove pads
Balance mythicals
Etc

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next